- Through its hub at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, Aeroflot under the Winter schedule of 2015, operates flights to 120 destinations in 52 countries (41 destinations in Russia).
- Inside Russia, Aeroflot has four branches— in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Perm and Vladivostok.
- The airline pays a special attention to its presence in the Russian market, especially Siberia and the Far East.
- During the eleven months of 2014, Aeroflot carried 21,7 million passengers (12.8 per cent up on the same period of 2013), 61.8 billion passenger-kilometres were flown (11.4% increase), the load factor constituted 78.8%. The total of 32 million passengers flew with companies of the Aeroflot Group in the eleven months of the year (+10.2%).
- To meet the needs of its passengers, Aeroflot is increasing its fleet and has built its own new hub in Moscow. Terminal D at Sheremetyevo which came into service in 2009 is designed to serve Aeroflot's flights as well as those of its Sky Team partners.
- As part of its commitment to safety, Aeroflot operates the largest Centre of Flight Control (CFC) in Eastern Europe. The company also set up an up-to-date Emergency Operations Centre based on modern technologies. Aeroflot's Hub Control Centre has been put into operation in Sheremetyevo with the purpose to coordinate transfer connection processes and oversee the flight control at the airport.
- The airline opened its own Aviation School which will provide education on 120 aviation specialties. The school is to train 160 pilots (or 80 crews) annually.
- Aeroflot's Ecological Management and Control System incorporates up-to-date technologies and standards. The company has adopted Energy and Ecological Efficiency Program which is in full compliance with IATA's ecological strategy.
- For passengers’ convenience, it offers 143 check-In counters, including 24 self-check-in kiosks (CUSS-kiosks) and 30 counters for transit passengers and oversized baggage.
- Passengers will be able to use the 6 enhanced-comfort lounges, 5 children’s rooms, 25 shops, 18 catering establishments working around the clock, and many other services.
- Aeroflot and SkyTeam are assigned 3 business exclusive lounges «Klassika», «Jazz», «Blues» in the international and domestic departure zones equipped with comfortable rest areas, shower rooms and other conveniences.
- Aeroflot is based in Moscow Sheremetyevo airport where a, unique for Russia, Hub Control Centre was put in service. The Hub allows control of all technical processes from one planning and coordination centre. Lufthansa Systems “Net Line/Hub” software was chosen as an IT-solution for the Hub Control Centre. “Net Line/Hub” allows Aeroflot to improve efficiency and to react quickly in case of flight schedule delay.
Our alliance and partnerships
- The Russian Government owns 51 per cent of Aeroflot. Legal entities and individuals own the remaining 49 per cent stake.
- In 1993 Aeroflot was registered as an Open Joint-Stock Company.
- JSC Aeroflot – Russian Airlines shares are traded on the Moscow Stock Exchange (MICEX) under the symbol AFLT.
- According to 9M2014 IFRS financial results, Aeroflot Group had RUB 236,698 million (US $6,689 million) in revenue (up 6.5% year-on-year) along with a net loss of RUB 3,563 million (US $101 million). However, adjusted for foreign exchange fluctuations related to finance lease revaluation and non-recurring provisions, the net result was positive at a profit of RUB 12,907 million (US $365 million). Operating profit constituted RUB 13,662 million (US $386 million). Intermediate Financial Highlights please see at http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/reports_item/506 .
In the Community
Aeroflot plays an active role in its community through on-going support of charitable organisations and community events. Aeroflot is actively involved with a variety of social initiatives, including:
- Revisiting Battlefields Program which facilitates air travel for war Veterans during the annual Victory Day celebrations in May.
- A Heart With Two Wings Program providing free flights for the children with rare or life-threatening diseases who live in remote areas of Russia and need quality medical treatment in Moscow. The program implemented in partnership with the Scientific Center of Children's Health, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Regular assistance in transportation of gravely ill children to overseas medical institutions for treatment unavailable in their home communities.
- Miles of Charity Program, a joint project of Aeroflot and Podari Zhizn (Grant a Life) Foundation, which allows frequent flyers to donate their bonus miles to seriously ill children.
- Aeroflot supports the Train of Hope, a national charity action for orphans, by providing free air transportation for prospective adoptive parents.
- Throughout its history, Aeroflot has traditionally supported sports. It is an official partner and carrier of Russia’s National Football Team. Aeroflot also sponsors the Volleyball Federation of Russia and the National Golf Team. The airline is an official sponsor and carrier of CSKA Moscow professional football club as well as an official carrier of CSKA Moscow professional basketball club. In 2013, Aeroflot became an official carrier of Manchester United football club.
- Russia’s Ministry for Extraordinary Situations (EMERCOM). Aeroflot works closely with the Russian government to provide aid and evacuation services to people affected by conflict or natural disasters.
Aeroflot has its Public Council which consists of prominent public figures and performs advisory functions to the company in making its policy best suited to the needs and interests of society.
As a major international airline, Aeroflot is a leading employer providing around 18.000 jobs in Russia and at its operations abroad. It remains committed to investing in its staff and supports a progressive work environment with competitive salaries and benefit packages under a collective bargaining agreemant which is in effect until December 1, 2017.
- Aeroflot has its Public Council which consists of prominent public figures and performs advisory functions to the company in making its policy best suited to the needs and interests of society.
- As a major international airline, Aeroflot is a leading employer providing 17,800 jobs in Russia and at its operations abroad. It remains committed to investing in its staff and supports a progressive work environment with competitive salaries and benefit packages under a collective bargaining agreement which is in effect until December 1, 2017.